The Informatics Coordinator provides implementation, training and ongoing support for physicians, apps and staff. Works collaboratively with administration to ensure process compliance. Requires ability to identify process improvement opportunities. Maintains patient related (practice management, electronic health record, etc.) systems used within OI.
1. Maintains a detailed understanding and working knowledge of the information applications and their functions.
2. Works directly with physicians, healthcare providers and staff to optimize information system use on collective and individual’s bases and share best practices across the Medical Group.
3. Identifies process improvement opportunities and works with team members to implement changes.
4. Participates on Technology committees and work groups to recommend and facilitate IT support of and solutions for clinical and business operational issues and concerns.
5. Assists with project task work as directed.
6. Maintains applications following system implementations and upgrades.
7. Assist physicians and healthcare providers in developing and maintaining clinical templates.
8. Works in collaboration with Administration and Managers to continuously improve the patient portal. Maintains patient portal. Educates physicians, healthcare providers and staff on updates and changes.
9. Serves as Administrator for payor websites to maintain users.
10. Develops training programs for new and existing users. Conducts training sessions. Updates content of classes as system features change.
11. Attends training required to understand clinical workflows or job shadows various personnel to maintain or enhance job competency.
12. Ensures customers are followed up within established timeliness guidelines.
13. Demonstrates a willingness and ability to communicate cooperate and work collaboratively with co-workers.